Joining Country Press NSW puts you and your newspaper into one of the oldest and most respected media associations in Australia, providing you with a strong, credible and independent voice on issues and topics of concern and relevance to you. As your issues and concerns are the issues and concerns of all our members, we represent our membership as a whole and proactively represent your interests with government and corporates.
Founded in 1900, Country Press NSW is Australia's oldest newspaper industry association. Our members are mainly based in regional and country New South Wales, although there are also members from other states.
Country Press Australia, the national body, is a separate association. The majority of members of Country Press NSW opt to join Country Press Australia as they represent you on a federal level in terms of industrial relations and lobbying, and also offer a host of other membership benefits. Your Country Press NSW membership ensures you have a 24-hour a day, 7 day a week hotline for advice on state-based industrial relations.
Membership also enables you to enter many prestigious editorial awards and take part in regional conferences arranged by the association. In addition, members enjoy the benefits of accessing special rates on a number of products and services that we negotiate on a bulk rate on behalf of the Association. One example of this is the industry research, which we commission with other state newspaper associations in order to ensure data that is both cost-effective as well as having national reach.
Country Press NSW also holds an Annual Conference, including industry-related seminars as well as an Annual Awards Presentation Dinner. Our newspaper awards are the oldest newspaper awards in Australia and are the benchmark for excellence in rural and regional journalism in New South Wales.
We also publish Bulletins on a regular basis, to ensure our members are kept abreast of all matters of concern or interest to regional and country newspapers.
In addition, we engage in the following activities:
- Promoting and safeguarding newspapers with regard to legislation.
- Keeping you up to date with all relative industrial and legislative changes
- Promoting co-operation amongst members.
- Working closely with like organisations with similar objectives in order to promote and protect our members’ interests.
- Representing members in industrial proceedings affecting the industry.
- Engaging in promotional activities that are of benefit to members of the Association.
- Engaging in promotional activities informing advertisers and agencies of the benefits of country and regional newspapers as an advertising medium.
Becoming part of Country Press NSW enables you to join a dynamic network of like-minded newspapers, facing similar business challenges, working with common passions both for “news” and for “country”.
Membership of Country Press NSW will provide you with a competitive edge.